Horses are fast and gigantic animals and are famous for their activeness, efficiency, and fitness. A relationship between humans and horses goes back till 4000 BC because horses were the quickest and most preferred medium to commute in olden times and because of their loyal and loving behavior horses were considered as the best friends of humans. Even today there are many people who consider horses as their best friends and take care of them as their babies. You also might be one of them who love horse riding and like to keep horses as their companions. But to keep horses as your companions there are many things you need to take care and one among those things is “Health”. It is very important to ensure that your beloved charger is healthy.
There are many health issues that can target your horses and parasitic infections are one of them. Any sort of parasitic infection cannot only weaken your horse but also develop different health complications. These parasites are mostly worms that are ingested by a horse when they are grazing. Unlike dogs and cats, it is very difficult to prevent and treat these worm infestations. There are different types of worms that can infest your horse like
- Stomach worms
- Intestinal threadworms
- Cutaneous worms
- Large Redworms
- Small Redworms
However, you don’t need to worry because Canada vet care has brought a list of the most popular horse treatments that can help you to get rid of these parasitic organisms.
- Very effective against the most type of worms.
- Quick in action and contains on the most dependable ingredient called Ivermectin
- Treats Ascarids, Stomach worms, Intestinal threadworms, Cutaneous worms, Large Redworms, Small Redworms, Pin-worms, Lung-worms, and bots very efficiently.
- Safe for pregnant mares, breeding stallions and foals
- Palatable flavor
- Equimax Tablets
- The tablet efficiently eliminates nematodes, cestodes and arthropod infestation.
- An active anthelmintic and boticide
- Ivermectin and Praziquantel are the active ingredients
- Controls bot infections in horses
- Very efficient against tapeworms
- Safe for breeding, pregnant and lactating mares
- Suitable to use on horses and ponies 4 weeks of age and older
- Terminates different types of internal worms
- Stops infestation caused by internal parasites
- Panacur Equine Guard
- Fenbendazole is its active ingredient that treats both roundworms and redworms efficiently
- This Anthelmintic is an highly efficacious treatment
- Kills nematode eggs
- Treats large and small redworms
- Treats both adult and immature roundworms
- It is safe for use in pregnant mares and young foals
- Equitape Horse Wormer Paste
- Praziquentel being the effective deworming treatment for horses is the active ingredient in this product
- Eliminates and prevents tapeworm infections
- Controls recurrence of the tapeworm infestations
- Equitape wormer can be used along with the other worming treatments
- The tapewormer paste is highly palatable
- The treatment is easy to administer with the help of a syringe
- Recommended to administer the treatment during spring and autumn
- Strongid P Wormer Paste For Horses
- Pyrantel Embonate is a all-round de-wormer that is a key ingredient in Strong P wormer paste
- The worming treatment is an oral paste that treats pinworms, roundworms, tapeworms, and red-worms from horses and foals
- Safe for horses and ponies more than 4 weeks of age
- Very easy to administer because it is in a paste form and is very palatable
All the products mentioned above are equally effective and you can choose any one of them according to your requirements. Make sure you don’t neglect the symptoms of worm infestations because if these symptoms are neglected for a long time they may cause serious problems. You can always reach to us for any doubts on horse treatments, just dial the toll- free number- +1-800-910-6860 Mon – Sat 9AM to 7PM EST.
Horses are the epitome of fitness. Help them to maintain that stature.
David joined CanadaVetCare in 2013 as a product analyst and veterinary assistant. Being a passionate pet lover and keen animal health researcher, David had always found ways and solutions to help pet parents to improve their pets’ health. He is always happy to answer pet health-related queries and recommending pet parents for the right pet product for their furry companions.