Buy Panacur Oral Suspension for Dogs
Panacur Oral Suspension comes in a white oral suspension form that aids in treating domestic dogs and cats infected with immature and mature stages of nematodes of the gastrointestinal and respiratory tracts. It safely removes roundworms, hookworms, whipworms and tapeworms in dogs and cats. But it does not prevent reinfection with these parasites. It is an FDA approved veterinary dewormer that is not effective against Dipylidium tapeworm infections. It is very easy to use. Just mix it with the feed or administer it orally directly after feeding. It is safe to be administered on pregnant pets.
- Weigh the pet before giving the treatment as this would assist in dosing them properly.
- Mix the suspension with the pet's food. Ensure that the pet finishes the meal thus in taking the correct dosage.
- Give along with normal meal as food which would assist in total absorption of the suspension.
For Adult Dogs and Cats:
1 ml per 2.2 lbs. bodyweight as a single oral dose which equals to 100 mg fenbendazole/lbs. bodyweight.
Practical dosage recommendations:
- 4.4 to 8.8 lbs. 4 ml dosage
- 8.8 to 17.6 lbs. 8 ml dosage
- 17.6 to 35.3 lbs. 16 ml dosage
- 35.3 to 52.9 lbs. 24 ml dosage
- 52.9 to 70.5 lbs. 32 ml dosage
- 70.5 to 140.0 lbs. 64 ml dosage
For dogs weighing over 140 lbs. an extra ml is required for each additional 2.2 lbs. bodyweight.
Treatment needs to be repeated when natural reinfestation with parasitic worms occurs. Routine treatment of adult animals with minimal exposure to infection is advisable 2 to 4 times every year. If the dog is living in kennels then you can go for more frequent treatment at 6 to 8 weekly interval.
For Puppies and Kittens Under 6 Months of Age
Give 0.5 ml per 2.20 lbs. bodyweight on a daily basis for 3 consecutive days. You can give this treatment after feeding to unweaned animals or mix it with the food. This equals to 50 mg Fenbendazole/lbs. bodyweight daily for three days.
Practical dosage recommendations:
- Up to 2.2 lbs. 0.5 ml daily for 3 days
- 2.2 to 4.4 lbs. 1 ml daily for 3 days
- 4.4 to 8.8 lbs. 2 ml daily for 3 days
- 8.8 to 13.2 lbs. 3 ml daily for 3 days
- 13.2 to 17.6 lbs. 4 ml daily for 3 days
- 17.6 to 22.0 lbs. 5 ml daily for 3 days
For puppies weighing over 22 lbs., give an additional 0.5 ml on a daily basis per additional lbs. bodyweight.
Puppies should be treated at 2 weeks of age, 5 weeks of age and again before leaving the breeder's premises.
Treatment may also be required at 8 and 12 weeks of age. Thereafter, the frequency of the treatment can be reduced unless the pups stay in the kennel where reinfestation occurs more readily.
For Pregnant Dogs
1 ml per 8.8 lbs. bodyweight daily from day 40 of pregnancy continuously to 2 days post-whelping (about 25 days which means 25 mg Fenbendazole/lbs. bodyweight daily.)
Practical Dosage recommendations:
- 8.8 lbs. 1 ml daily for roughly 25 days
- 17.6 lbs. 2 ml daily for roughly 25 days
- 26.5 lbs. 3 ml daily for roughly 25 days
- 44.1 lbs. 5 ml daily for roughly 25 days
- 88.2 lbs. 10 ml daily for roughly 25 days
For dogs weighing more than 88.2 lbs., an extra ml is required daily for each additional 8.8 lbs. bodyweight.
This treatment is effective on 98% pregnant bitches. The puppies from these dogs should be treated with three day course at 2 and 5 weeks of age.
For Pregnant Cats
Pregnant cats need only a single treatment at the routine adult dose rate. As a rule, administer 1 ml per 2.2 lbs. bodyweight as a single dose while equals to 100 mg Fenbendazole/lbs. bodyweight.