Paragard – A Potent Allwormer for Cats
Paragard for Cats is a uniquely formulated treatment that is highly effective against multiple gastrointestinal worms. It controls and kills worms including roundworms, hookworms, and tapeworms. The tablets are highly palatable as it comes in liver flavor which is loved by cats. The product comprises of two main ingredients, praziquantel, and oxibendazole. Both ingredients synergistically work together against parasites and interrupt their neurotransmission, causing paralysis and eventually death. The single-dose formula is safe to be administered to breeding cats, adult cats and kittens over 2 weeks of age at an interval of 2 weeks until they reach 12 weeks of age. Regular dose of the product can protect the cat from recurring worm infection.
- Weight the cat before starting the treatment.
- Fasting prior to the treatment is not required.
- The dose can be given directly into the mouth.
- The dose needs to be administered at the interval of 2, 4, 6, 8 and 12 weeks of age.
- After the cat reaches the age of 3 months, give individual measured dose every month until 6 months old.
- Thereafter, dose every 3 months.
- Dosage – 1 tablet treats up to 5kg (11 lbs) of cat’s body weight, so administer accordingly.