Popantel for Cats
Popantel for Cats is an allwormer treatment for the eradication of worm infection. The oral treatment controls roundworms (Toxocara cati, Toxascaris leonina), hookworms (Ancylostoma tubaeforme, A. braziliense (rare outside coastal areas of North Queensland, Northern Territory and northern Western Australia), Uncinaria stenocephala) and tapeworms (Dipylidium caninum, Taenia taeniaeformis). Popantel controls worms and is gentle on cats. It provides effective treatment and has no side effects. The oral treatment is safe to use in all cats including old cats, young kittens, pregnant cats and show cats.
- Weigh your cat before dosage.
- Give it as a single dose by mouth.
- It is effective to dose cats on an empty stomach.
- ≤5 kg (5 lbs) : ½ tablet
- 6 to 5 kg (5 – 11 lbs) : 1 tablet
- > 5 kg (11lbs): 1 tablet/5 kg (11 lbs)